Murray & Roberts Water
Water Treatment & Management
Murray & Roberts Water has the capability and expertise to deliver integrated water and waste water treatment solutions in the following market sectors:
- Mine Water Treatment
- Sea Water Desalination
- Industrial Effluent Treatment
- Municipal Water and Waste Water Treatment
Murray & Roberts Water provides complete water and waste water treatment solutions through the selection and integration of appropriate technology combined with a suite of flexible commercial models. This approach aims to meet the needs of its clients and achieve specific project objectives whilst ensuring that key risks are identified and allocated to the party best suited to manage them. Potential commercial models include:
- Design Build
- Design Build Operate
- Design Build Operate Transfer
- Public Private Partnerships
Murray & Roberts Water is committed to the Group’s principle of Engineered Excellence which informs all our decision-making. It means we engineer or plan everything that we do, in such a way that we achieve an outcome of excellence.
ORGANICA WASTE WATER TECHNOLOGY
Murray & Roberts Water has a unique value offering in the municipal waste water sector through its exclusive licence agreement with Organica Water. There are currently over eighty Organica reference plants operating globally and Murray & Roberts Water has successfully demonstrated the Organica technology through a twelve month operation period of a demonstration Organica plant situated at eThekwini Municipality’s Verulam waste water treatment plant.
Localised wastewater treatment specialist Organica brings a highly imaginative approach to wastewater treatment in urban and suburban areas. Organica’s treatment facilities utilise active biofilms on natural (plant) and/or engineered (patented biofiber media) root structures, all housed in a fully-enclosed, odourless facility. The result is a solution which offers 50-75% reduced physical footprint compared to conventional wastewater treatment solutions, with up to 30% reduction in operational costs, all in the form of a pleasant botanical garden-like environment that enables the wastewater treatment plant to be located virtually anywhere, thus substantially lowering infrastructure costs to connect to customers and enhancing land value around the facility.
Organica Water also offers a unique and powerful preliminary design tool that is freely available on its website. The tool can be customised and integrated into clients / consultants design systems. Organica also has a digital services offering that is at the leading edge of digital disruption in the water and waste water treatment industry.
- Life Heathcare – Murray & Roberts Water undertook a feasibility study for Life Healthcare which investigated the feasibility of providing water security to its South African facilities as well as developing a financial model to determine the benefit of providing its own potable water versus municipal supply.
- Newmont Ghana Gold Limited (NGGL) – Murray & Roberts Water undertook a bankable feasibility study for NGGL to provide a water treatment plant to treat mine water produced at its Ahafo mine. The feasibility study included pilot testing of a skid-mounted reverse osmosis treatment plant supplied by Murray & Roberts Water.
- AngloGold Ashanti – Murray & Roberts Water carried out a pre-feasibility study for AngloGold Ashanti for brine treatment at its Obuasi mine in Ghana.